Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beach birds and other things - Mary Richmond

We've been having a lot of fog but as everyone prepares for the onslaught of tourists this holiday weekend on Cape Cod it was fun heading down by the docks and continuing on to one of the beaches on Nantucket Sound. It was totally socked in by fog and I could barely see a hundred feet in front of me. Birds loomed out of the mist like shadows against the sand as the waves whispered and washed the shore.
I often carry my sketchbook on my walks and just stop and draw as I go. These are a few of the birds I saw along the beach. I didn't have my camera with me so took the pictures of the sketches when I got home.
One of my favorite beach flowers is the lovely beach pea and it has just come into bloom over the last few days. I sat in sand at the end of the sand spit drawing these while listening to boats I couldn't see pass through the channel. Perfect way to spend a morning.

1 comment:

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.