Friday, March 25, 2011

Ornate Tiger Moth - Laura Gillis

I was feeling pretty confident about my tiger moth identification back in February but now I am not so sure. In February I wondered how they got the name Tiger Moth because I didn’t think it looked anything like a tiger but this time I can see where they were coming from. This one is an Ornate Tiger Moth.


I haven’t re-identified my first ‘Tiger Moth’ yet but I am working on it. I am re-posting the first moth here just in case someone has an idea of what it might be....




Ink & watercolor in the Moleskine Watercolor journal

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I spotted/photograped a virginian tiger moth last year- almost pure white (with a white fuzzy head) and wondered the same thing...

    isnt it great how moths "pose" for you?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.