Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gannets by Maria Elena Ferrari Italy

I saw this Gannets (Sula bassana) in the Ecomare's centre on Texel island (protected nature reserve in Netherland). I hope one day to admire them in nature in their spectacular diving!
I'd like to put on paper animals, landscapes and emotions of that wonderful trip ...
The Gannets perform vertical dives from at times considerable height!! They breeding in the North Sea, in colonies on rocky islands.
Recently they breeding also in Mediterranean Sea!

3 comments:

  1. I've seen brown pelicans diving, but never gannets. I hope you get to see them.

    Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elva!That would also like me to see the pelicans!!Fascinated me this attitude of "grooming" has fascinated me!While one gannet slept the other took care cleaning her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gannets are so gorgeous...you really captured their colors.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.