Saturday, August 7, 2010

Drawing Vines - Carolyn Pappas

vine pen and ink drawing


I bought some new pens recently, and I went outside this morning to try them out by drawing some vines. I was using Copic drawing pens which are disposable fountain pens with metal nibs. These pens aren't waterproof, which isn't a big deal for me at all, but I had a hard time using these pens. The ink would just stop flowing at random moments and certain parts of the paper would become marred because I had to go over it multiple times to make a mark. It's too bad really, because it was so nice outside and I'm sure I would have had more fun sketching if I had a better pen in my hand. On the other hand, I'm glad I got a chance to get outside at all though, because it is supposed to rain here all next week.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that FRUSTRATING? You'd never know it from your sketch, it's lovely, though...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.