Sunday, June 6, 2010

Australian birds - Alissa Duke

Another day spent sketching at the Australian Museum. This time it was Australian birds.
The Long-billed Corella is a medium sized white cockatoo (to 38 cm) found in extreme south eastern Australia. They can become a pest to grain and crop trees and in some areas feral populations have established themselves.
The Gang Gang cocktoo is a parrot and is found in South Eastern Australia. Found in mountain, forests , woodland but also urban areas. It grows to 34 cm .
I have never either of these, but I have only lived in Sydney for a few years. I asked a few other Sydneysiders and they are familiar with both of these birds.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful as always, Alissa! I'd love to see a Corella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of character to both of them, but I'm in love with the Corella...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.