Sunday, May 9, 2010

Asters for Mother's Day - Maree

'Tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes!
~William Wordsworth, "Lines Written in Early Spring," Lyrical Ballads, 1798



I did this sketch of some Asters in my garden last month - these Shasta daisies are real die-hards and sometimes carry on right through winter, but require quite a lot of work dead-heading or else they can really look messy.

I received a wonderful Mother's Day card from my daughter in Ballito (on the North Coast of KwaZulu Natal, S.A.), but no flowers this year! so I picked a bunch of these Shastas for the kitchen table and they look quite perky in my white enamel jug.

A happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there!

6 comments:

  1. Maree, this has to be one of my favorites of yours! I love these beautiful flower sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisies have always been among my favorites. Love the looseness of this sketch and the whites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Vickie, white daisies are also my favourite. I keep on threatening to do the Erigerons but never get round to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much 吉水 - glad you popped in!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.