Monday, April 12, 2010

Inspired by Iris


Inspired by Iris
Originally uploaded by linfrye
12" x 14"
Arches 140#CP

The weekend was so beautiful that I spent most of it outdoors -- the garden didn't get tended, nor did I paint a lot, but simply to BE outside was enough.

My husband had a jam at the house yesterday in preparation for his group performing at our Plant Sale-a-Bration. I sat by our clump of iris and painted these. They're a blend of loose and controlled and a bit blotchy looking for my taste -- but it was too beautiful outside to be anywhere else.

This week is a race for us -- as we finalize preparations for Saturday's event. I'll be scarce and running -- so I hope to catch up as I can.

Meantime -- have a great week ....!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.