Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Inspired by Azalea and Iris Medley - Lin Frye

Daily Practice
Journal

When I got to my friend's last night, she had arranged a gorgeous bouquet of spring flowers - with bright iris and azalea, I sat before the flowers and did a more controlled 'splatter and splash' so that the form of the flowers could be recogized and yet the painting kept some of its looseness. It was fun .. though not 'quite' as spontaneous as splattering and 'finding' all flowers ...

Another intense day - oral history interviews, putting plants out in the garden, meetings ... I'm afraid it's going to be like that until the end of next weekend ... so I"ll do my best to catch up with everyone as time permits.

Hope your day is great!

Lin Frye
North Carolina

2 comments:

  1. This sketch is so lively and free. It's exactly the type of looseness I struggle with! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks SO MUCH! It's a struggle for me too!LOL

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.