Friday, April 16, 2010

Hartebeespoort Dam - Maree

“Water is life's mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.”
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi


"Hartebeespoort Dam"

I've written so much about the area of Hartebeespoort Dam (in the North-West Province of South Africa), where I love to go and sketch, that I decided to post this large painting I did of the dam late in 2009. From where you're sitting looking at the pic on the screen, would be about where the Squire's restaurant is. We normally sit on the deck with this wonderful view of the dam and I had the whole restaurant in uproar, setting up my easel on the edge of the deck and painting this scene! Hubby was slightly uncomfortable in the beginning, but then settled in, bringing me my glass of Coke Light from time to time!

2 comments:

  1. How pretty, Maree--must be beautiful where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue and yes, it is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.