Thursday, January 14, 2010

This Ol' Farm Gate

"Live your imagination and not your history."



Magaliesburg, in Western Gauteng, has these lovely little meandering roads leading off the main road, going to the various properties and farms, some on the banks of the Magalies River. This entrance to someone's farm is not far from a little Bistro we frequent and, as we drove past, this gate caught my eye and we stopped so I could do a quick sketch, finished it off when I got home. Wonder what's on the other side of the gate?

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the gate that went into the orchard when I was a child. Farm scenes are nostalgic for me, even though I now prefer natural areas. Nice sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie. I also love the natural areas and luckily we still have plenty of those!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.