Saturday, November 21, 2009

Crows at dusk - Maree Clarkson

full moon | wide awake | 'til dawn

A Twitter poem from WATERMARK



"Crows at Dusk"

I can assure you this is not my dark side emerging! I had a Black Crow as a pet for 20 years (she was 27 when she died) and I absolutely love these endearing and highly intelligent birds.


"CoCo" my Black Crow - She used to take this stance and make a ka-ka-ka sound, like the horn of a car. It must be a natural sound of theirs, because I've heard crows in the wild doing the same thing. She lived with me for 20 years and was 7 years old when I got her.

11 comments:

  1. You've captured them quite well.

    I so enjoy your paintings.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vicky. Glad you're enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea crows lived THAT long, Maree...you were very fortunate to live with her! (I love crows, too...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great capture! Love these comedians too :) They make such interesting sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the end she had a stroke and couldn't get up anymore - t'was a sad day, but we had absolutely wonderful years together Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are great characters Pam. She used to sit in the tree and when somebody approached the gate, would laugh her head off, much to the consternation of the visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...wow! I had no idea a crow lived that long. You must have formed a tremendous connection with her. Was she a rehab bird you adopted? Love the painting, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great painting! I love crows too! They are just fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kelly and yes, she came to me with a broken wing. And thank you Ellen, they really are endearing birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maree, your late, great crow would make an interesting painting. I don't get to paint everything I have a mind to but love painting birds. Individualismisdead@yahoo.com - how lucky you and Coco were! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky indeed Anonymous and she's still greatly missed. Thank you for the visit, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.