Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Back Home in my Garden



After travelling around Europe for 5 weeks and struggling to sketch as the weather got colder... nothing is more special than coming home and enjoying a Saturday morning soaking up the warm spring Australian sun and looking around at what is happening in my garden. I am no gardener so my looking around is more from an aesthetic point of view than from any knowledge of species.

So here is the page that I did on Saturday - I overworked the first azalea sketch so I did another one and stuck it over the top - I try to never rip a page out of my sketchbook but I have no problem covering a mess up... it is all part of the experience.

My favourite trees are starting to lose their bark and I am just itching for an opportunity to go down the road again and sketch them as they transform from grey- pinky grey-yellow -to bright orangey red! So stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Nice page. Loooovve the cover-up theory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful. And yes, I've covered up some stinkers, too, this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.