Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Leaves - Lin Frye


Daily Practice

Journal


We're having some family illness issues, so my sketching time has been limited. But I did pluck a few wonderfully colored leaves from the hospital parking lot to practice. I LOVE the colors - bits of orange, green, red, gold. Makes it fun to splash paint around!


From left to right - pear (from our fruit tree), dogwood, and maple. It's interesting to me how the same species of trees, located in different areas, can turn different colors. This maple, on one side of the parking lot, was bright orange/red; across the lot - a wine colored burgundy ....


It's finally raining a bit here. The foliage colors are coming to their climax - and it's absolutely dazzling.
Lin Frye
North Carolina

2 comments:

  1. Miss Lin, sorry to hear about illness in the family--I'm glad you were able to find time to sketch, I do believe it helps! These are beautiful...losing yourself in the study had to be good for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kate --- I know you understand how healing and calming painting can be -- and it has been ... blessings, my dear heart.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.