Saturday, October 17, 2009

Eucalyptus Trees - Maree Clarkson

When we open ourselves to the natural world, we escape the fast-paced bustle of our daily lives. That experience, not only reduces our stress, it also grounds us, reaffirming our connection to the Earth and all its creatures.



"Eucalyptus trees" - pencil sketch and watercolour in Moleskine watercolour Notebook.

Went for a walk around our smallholding and took my Moleskine sketch book and a palette with ready-mixed colours with me. I've got a small, easy-to-carry paint box with just a few essentials that I take along with me on walks. There wasn't much to see, the winter veld-fires had left the landscape blackened and bare. But I did find this unscathed patch of Blue gum (Eucalyptus) trees and did a quick sketch with some colour.

4 comments:

  1. Maree, this is a beauty. I love the touches of blue and the tree trunks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to find a patch that was spared - especially since I understand gum trees are explosively flammable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they do make a spectacular show when on fire, and the thing is they can smoulder for weeks afterward.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.