Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - TO ME! - Lin Frye


HAPPY BIRTHDAY - TO ME!
Originally uploaded by linfrye
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Today I will celebrate quite a number of years on this great planet. It truly amazes me how quickly the time passes, the years add up, the seasons melt into one another and repeat with such amazing continuity.

I've painted the glorious flowers C gave me this weekend - but after scanning the painting, I realized that I didn't finish one wee piece of it ... LOL Ah yes, aging! LOL

So I thought I'd post this quick sketch of the fall displays that are on every corner, in every shop, and certainly coloring our roadsides. Yellows, oranges, golds, greens, umbers, siennas -- they've found their way onto my canvases lately, but before that, into my psyche and heart. The harvest time ...the time to gather and celebrate our labors and the bounty of blessings - from family, friends, food, work, life.

Today, I'll do just that. And thank each of you for sharing it all with me.

Lin Frye
North Carolina

7 comments:

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.