Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wild Mushrooms--Teri Casper

My husband is so funny. When he sees something that thinks needs sketching, he always calls it to my attention.These are mushrooms growing on a tree stump near the house.A tree stump with lichen growing on it usually means mushrooms are not far behind. This particular mushrooms is a 'baddie' as he says and he does know a few eatable ones that also grow near here.
Warning: never ever eat wild mushrooms unless you know it is absolutely safe.


This is the same mushroom a week later done with watercolor pencil on non-watercolor paper.
The bigger mushroom has completely covered the small one and is at least twice the size of the first sketch.

3 comments:

  1. I like seeing mushroom pictures! It means my favourite season is a-coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, Teri! I love to paint mushrooms, too...and hooray for your husband, he sounds like a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing and painting mushrooms, too, they can be fascinating. Lovely textures you have there!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.