Monday, July 20, 2009

Turquios Skies


Turquios Skies
Originally uploaded by Ricky Holtman
This is a quick sketch I did while on vacation a few weeks ago. The sky was so turquoise color and my favorite birds, Ravens, soaring on the hot air currents. Man I wish I could soar like that. Ground colors are so magnificent there. I can't wait to paint this someday.
I did this in my aquabee, 5 X 7 sketch book. On this particular page I had a prior wash of matte medium and water before drawing. Ink and watercolor sketch outside of Taos, New Mexico. En Plein aire is always a treat for me but my chemo is driving me more and more into the studio to paint.

2 comments:

  1. Ricky, this is great! Love the colors of the southwest and these are them! I hope you do a studio painting of it. Take advantage of whatever you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comments Teri. The studio painting will be coming in the weeks ahead, God willing.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.