Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catching Up On Daisies

This is the first coneflower to bloom in my garden this year. It sits in amongst lots of yellow coreopsis.I took out a chair and sketched it yesterday and tried to remain loose with wet-in-wet watercolor.I like how it turned out.
Monarda that I sketched in my daughter's garden.


This was the view from the front porch when the Black-eyed-Susies were just starting to open so I opened my sketchbook and did a quick sketch.

Hard to tell that I just love painting flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have all those flowers in my garden! Don't you just love the happy red-pink of the monarda with their spiky petals?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.