Saturday, June 13, 2009

Quick Leaves

ink watercolor leaves
I wanted to get outside today as it was sunny out for a change, but I was concerned that I might get a sunburn as I couldn't find a shady spot in the garden. Also, I've been noticing lately that my work has become even more unnecessarily detailed than usual. This time I decided to work quickly and see what happened. I spent about twenty minutes sketching these leaves in my watercolor sketchbook. Then I took it inside and quickly (i.e. sloppily) did the watercolor. The leaves weren't really purple -- I just felt like it.

2 comments:

  1. A twenty minute gem! Swirling patterns of leaves...and the choice of colours. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.