Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wildflower afternoon

May 4 flowers

The flowers are coming on so quickly now I know I won't have time to capture them all on paper...the bellflower is blooming now, and I know there's a stand of trout lilies up in the woods. Haven't had time to do the yellow violets, either...not to mention any of the OTHER violets except one from my own back yard.

But--Sunday I saw the wild geranium was blooming, and sweet william's in full flower, so I had to take time yesterday for those two. I was delighted to find Greek valerian nearby too...

These are watercolor on hot press paper...

8 comments:

  1. Kate - Lovely sketches. This is the best time to go spotting Wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it though?? If I didn't have anything else to do, I could STILL keep busy trying to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your brush must be racing across the paper to get these down - the valerian is new to me, but I immediately recognized the other two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate this is just a wonderful illustration and layout. Your gift always captivates me....it makes me having to stop and stare, indulging myself in visual feasting. Thanks for working so hard over the years to bring us these wonderful things today. I appreciate it and I'm sure others do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kate! It's hard keeping up with nature isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, all! Yes, I do REALLY have to hurry--I use a lot of sumi-e style single strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were! All thready stems and nodding flowers...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.