Friday, May 26, 2017

Old Sketchbook, Nature Elements & Wood Artist Liliia Tereshkiv



I found an old holiday sketchbook. It transported me back to our countryside holiday a few years ago. The old sketchbook still had many pages crisp white so I added a horse drawn by Rafael. But without its rider, directing it. Somehow, for me, nature sketches are free from intruding and dominating humans.

My latest project is about studying Feng Shui. I decided to draw Feng Shui's 5 elements. For drawing the Water Element, I chose a lotuspond with a flowering lotus. For Fire Element, I drew red tulips with their petals mimicking flames. For Feng Shui's Wood Element is drew 3 wooden sticks, driftwood and old branches found in our local woodlands, as well as a wood cut through with visible growth marks. I need to draw Metal and Earth Element to complete this series.

As the schoolyear draws to a close, I have ordered for my daughter 'Teacher Thank-You' woodcards at Sorriso Design. Sorriso Design is a one-woman company of my friend Liliia Tereshkiv. Liliia added lovely sketches to the customized texts. Liliia loves nature; she loves wood and I admire her eco wood work.

Wishing you a lovely summer with loads of nature sketches.
Paula Kuitenbrouwer


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.