Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tawny Owls



Tawny Owls, copyright Paula Kuitenbrouwer
I’ve positioned my Tawny owls on branches. Owls sit often in oak trees preferably a bit hidden from view, close to the trunk of a tree. They snooze and keep their cool while other birds try to chase them away. I’ve drawn oak and ivy leaves around them and a pine tree in the background. This scene shows our backyard with the owls that keep us awake at night. Do they look cute? Wait till they wake you up at night. Their screeching doesn’t sound cute at all. I wouldn’t like to be a mouse in our garden scavenging for food in the dark of the night.

Paula Kuitenbrouwer, Belgium. 
www.mindfuldrawing.com
www.paulakuitenbrouwer.com 

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate your sentiment, Paula. I was awakened at 4:00 this morning, by a bird outside my window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They may be irritating Paula, but you certainly painted them well. They look so innocent, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, your questions, comments, observations! Please feel free to comment, feedback is important to us.